This machine is used for fixing copper cables into carbon brushes by tamping. It is the succession type of our Tamping Machine Type SE 8.
Machine body of aluminium profiles. Attached electric switch box with a programmable processor by Siemens. Compressed air maintenance unit. Moveable table running on ball sleeves. Table lifting cylinders driven by servomotor. Table top position, table down position (cable length) and feed is free programmable over the text display. Full digital precision tamping frequency (9 steps ) by means of a fast switching valve. The force of impacts is determined by tension springs, which can be exchanged quickly. Depending on the application there are 5 types of tamping heads available:
- Standard type tamping head for chopper cables 0.5-6.5mm diameter
- Soft tamping head for chopper cables 0.3-3.4mm diameter
- Ultra light tamping head for chopper cables 0.1-2.2mm diameter
- Ultra light tamping head for chopper cables 0.1-2.2mm diameter with rotating tamping tube
- Heavy tamping head for copper cables 2,5-8,6mm diameter
Extra short set up time and therefore also suitable for short run production.
For processing tamping contacts on carbon brushes and cutting the copper cable to the required length.